Friday 9 March 2012

Somedays are worse then other days. I find that some days things make me really wonder about what Sapphire's life will be like, I know I over think things but I would say any one with children always wonders what they will be when they grow up? will they be happy? and many more questions go through your minds. This sounds so silly but I watched Glee and there is a girl on there who has down syndrome, basically a boy told her he couldn't go out with her and she said " is it because I am so intimidating" and he said "yes". When she walked away she said the question she wanted to ask was "is it because I have downs", she went onto say that she already knew the answer and that she knew it was yes and she began to cry, I have to say it really did hit home and I found myself crying too, all we as parents want to do is protect our children, I know many people will say it is only a programme and not true but if we are honest with ourselves then we all know how cruel people and life can be and I just pray that Sapphire doesn't constantly meet heart ache.

On a more positive note Saf is now 10lbs, she has had her first jabs and she definitely let the people know in the surgery that she was there. She is now smiling and oh goodness her smile melts my heart.
Harmony has shared her rules with Sapphire about how ahe has to behave when she sits on her knee which made me laugh, she was having a conversation with Saf and Saf just looked at her and smiled and then pulled her hair :-) Harmony had to then go on and tell her that this too was not allowed while she was sat on her knee :-).



2 comments:

  1. that's a gorgeous photo of her Rachel. She's lucky enough to have such a wonderful family around her (by which I mean us of course) don't worry so much

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to and most days I do stay so strong but it is just small things like that, they just make me think. Of course she has a great family round her :-)

    ReplyDelete