Wednesday 25 January 2012

Sorry for not keeping up to date with my blog but it has been a busy week for us but a very good one. I will get to that in a bit, first I would like to get up to date to let you know how we got to where we are now.

After the initial shock had set in and the official results had come back from Leeds confiming that S had Downs Syndrome or Trisomy 21 as it is also known, this is the form that 94 percent of children that have downs are diagnosed with.
Safi ended up with jaundice and because I was not thinking straight and neither of my other 2 children had this when they were babies I automatically associated it with the fact she was downs (obviously now sanity has set in I know this was not the case). As you can see from the photo above she is perfectly happy laid there and getting a tan :-). She stayed on this for 2 days and I was lucky that this light worked and that she stayed with me on the maternity ward and did not need to go up to NICO (neonatal intensive care unit). We were then discharged after 5 long days in hospital. I was so pleased to be going home and starting our new life with all 3 sisters together. Her big sisters S and H were so pleased that we were home and it was such a relief to finally get home.


No comments:

Post a Comment